Illustration & Visual Narrative - Project 2 : Decisive Moment Poster & Animation

 -October 30, 2023

30/10/2023

Week6-Week9

LIJINGBU/0367209

Bachelor of design( honors) in creative media

Illustration & Visual Narrative Project 2


LECTURE

This week our teacher told us that we needed to complete the Decisive Moments poster and animation.



Project 2- Decisive Moment Poster & Animation

Research

The story I chose is derived from the Japanese urban legend, Bow to the Right.

Story Instruction

This story is about a colleague of mine who liked to tell me psychic stories, but I didn't really believe them. One day, I came home late at night after working overtime, I but live in an old-fashioned house, there is a long corridor in the house, at the end of the corridor is a full-body mirror, next to the mirror is the entrance to two houses, the one on the right is my room, after I came home that day, I suddenly remembered something my colleague told me, as long as you bow towards the mirror in the middle of the night and turn your head to the right to look, you will be able to find strange things. I don't know why, I remembered this passage of my colleague in front of the mirror, and jokingly made a bowing motion towards the mirror and turned my face to the right, and in the middle of my room, there seemed to be a person standing, this person was wearing a white kimono, and his face was plastered with talismans, and the person in the room didn't move at all, and holding a little bit of hope, I stuck my hand into the doorframe, and pressed the switch for the light in the room, and the light was turned on, but the person didn't didn't disappear, the bright light instead made the sight of asking for money even more bizarre, after a few seconds, it was like my brain finally reacted, I started to move my feet backwards, I quickly rushed out of the house, and ran wildly towards the nearby convenience store. I have never dared to go home since.

Mood Board




Sketch

After thinking and understanding the story, I chose the most important turning point of the story to be the scene where I turn my head and see the female ghost appearing and turn on the light to find that the female ghost is still there, which is the most horrifying and decisive scene


Final PNG







Final animation




REFLECTION

After completing the poster and animation project on the theme of "The Decisive Moment", I reflected deeply on my creative process. The project not only tested my design and animation skills, but also gave me a deeper understanding of how to convey strong emotions through visual narratives. Below are my reflections on this creative experience and the feedback I received. The main challenge I faced during the creative process was how to convey complex emotions and stories in a limited space. I addressed this by simplifying visual elements and using symbolic images. In animation, I learnt how to control the pace of movement through timelines and keyframes to enhance audience immersion. The completion of the "Decisive Moment" poster and animation project was a valuable learning and growing experience for me. It not only enhanced my professional skills, but also deepened my understanding of art and emotional expression. I look forward to applying this experience to a wider range of themes and projects in the future.





评论

此博客中的热门博文

Typography/ Exercise

Illustration and visual Narrative- Task1: Exercises

ADVANCED TYPOGRAPHY TASK1