Illustration & Visual Narrative - Final Compilation and Reflection

 -December 30, 2023

26/9/2023 - 26/12/2023( Week 1 - Week 14 )

Li Jingbu/ 0367209

Illustration & Visual Narrative / Bachelor' s of Design Honors In Creative Media

Illustration & Visual Narrative Final Compilation and Reflection


INDEX

Project 1: Exercises

Project 2: Decisive Moment Poster and Animation

Project 3: Digital Triptych

Final Project: Self Titled


SUBMISSIONS


Project 1 :Exercises ( Card Design )
26/9/2023 - 30/10/2023 (Week 1 -Week4)

Final Pokemon Card Design (PNG):


 Project 2 : Decisive Moment Poster & Animation 

Moodboard




PNG:



Final animation, Week 8 (11/17/2023)


Artist Statement :

This story is about a colleague of mine who liked to tell me psychic stories, but I didn't really believe them. One day, I came home late at night after working overtime, I but live in an old-fashioned house, there is a long corridor in the house, at the end of the corridor is a full-body mirror, next to the mirror is the entrance to two houses, the one on the right is my room, after I came home that day, I suddenly remembered something my colleague told me, as long as you bow towards the mirror in the middle of the night and turn your head to the right to look, you will be able to find strange things. I don't know why, I remembered this passage of my colleague in front of the mirror, and jokingly made a bowing motion towards the mirror and turned my face to the right, and in the middle of my room, there seemed to be a person standing, this person was wearing a white kimono, and his face was plastered with talismans, and the person in the room didn't move at all, and holding a little bit of hope, I stuck my hand into the doorframe, and pressed the switch for the light in the room, and the light was turned on, but the person didn't didn't disappear, the bright light instead made the sight of asking for money even more bizarre, after a few seconds, it was like my brain finally reacted, I started to move my feet backwards, I quickly rushed out of the house, and ran wildly towards the nearby convenience store. I have never dared to go home since.

Project 3 : Digital Triptych

1/12/2023 - 8/12/2023 (Week 10 - Week 11)
Moodboard:




Full PNG of Digital Triptych:




Scott McCloud's transition type chosen : aspect to aspect
Act 1:The man bows to the mirror and then turns his head to the right.
Act 2:As a result, he saw a female ghost appear.
Act 3:He grabbed his head and turned and ran away.




Final Poster ( PNG )




Final Animated Video, Week 14 ( 1/07/2024 )







Reflection

This past semester I was fortunate enough to attend an illustration course offered by the University. This course not only opened a window into the world of art for me, but also gave me a deeper understanding and practice of illustration as an art form. I will now reflect on this learning experience in order to move forward in my future artistic endeavours. During the course, I encountered a number of challenges, such as completing high-quality work under time constraints. To overcome these difficulties, I learnt to plan my time better and to improve my work through discussions with my classmates and teachers. I also realised that continuous practice and feedback are key to improving my skills.






评论

此博客中的热门博文

Typography/ Exercise

Illustration and visual Narrative- Task1: Exercises

ADVANCED TYPOGRAPHY TASK1