Illustration & Visual Narrative - Project 3 : Digital Triptych

 - November 30, 2023
1/12/2023 - (Week 10 - Week 11 )
LI JINGBU/ 0367209
Illustration & Visual Narratives / Bachelor's of Design Honors In Creative Media 
Project 3 : Digital Triptych

LECTURE

This week we have started a number triptych and we need to add two drawings to last week's homework to make a number triptych.




INSTRUCTION





RESEARCH

At the beginning I learned that there are many different transitions resections respectively

1. Moment to moment - a single action portrayed in a series of movements
2. Action to action -  a single subject in a series of actions
3. Subject to subject -a series of changing subjects within a single scene
4. Scene to scene - Transitions across significant distances of time and space
5. Aspect to aspect -Transitions from one aspect of a place idea or mood to another.
6. NON SEQUITUR- a series of seemingly nonsensical.Unrelated images and words.




SKTECH
Based on my assignment from last week, I decided to use the main character's reaction before and after seeing the ghost as the plot of the triptych.

FINAL WORK

Scott McCloud's transition type chosen : aspect to aspect
Act 1:The man bows to the mirror and then turns his head to the right.
Act 2:As a result, he saw a female ghost appear.
Act 3:He grabbed his head and turned and ran away.


REFLECTION

After completing my triptych project, I felt both satisfied and challenged. These three pieces are not only an expression of art, but also an extension of my personal emotions and reflections. I would like to share my creative process, reflections, and the feedback I received. During the creative process, I encountered the challenge of balancing the visual weight and emotional intensity between the three works. To solve this problem, I adjusted the saturation and contrast of the colours, as well as the complexity of the compositions, to ensure that each piece stood on its own while echoing each other. Through the creation of this triptych, I learnt how to translate abstract concepts into concrete visual language. I have also become more aware that art creation is not only a demonstration of technique, but also a communication of emotions and thoughts. This experience allowed me to express myself more confidently and gave me a deeper understanding of the depth and breadth of art.



评论

此博客中的热门博文

Typography/ Exercise

Illustration and visual Narrative- Task1: Exercises

ADVANCED TYPOGRAPHY TASK1