ADVANCED TYPOGRAPHY TASK 2

Start Week4-Week9

LI JINGBU/0367209

ADVANCED TYPOGRAPHY/Bachelor of design(honours) in creative media


Instruction


Lecture

WEEK5-Perception And Organisation

 Perception in Typography 
Typography affects how easy it is for readers to understand and engage with the text
Factors include 
Font
Size
Style (bold, italic, etc.) 
Affects legibility and readability
Choosing the right typographic elements is critical to effective communication



Form
Contrast of form is the distinction between a capital letter and its lowercase equivalent, or a roman letter and its italic variant, condensed and expanded versions of typeface are also included under the contrast of form.

Structure
Visual hierarchy refers to organizing content to effectively prioritize information
This involves using different typographic elements such as 
Headings
Subheadings
Body text size
Directing the reader's attention through the content
Clear hierarchical structure helps readers to navigate and understand information more effectively






Colour



 Psychological impact 

Fonts can evoke emotion and convey brand personality

Different fonts and styles can create different atmospheres or associations, influencing how viewers perceive and engage with the content

Understanding these psychological influences allows designers to strategically choose fonts to match the intended message or brand image.



Project2

Ideation

I consider my personal character to be upright and foursquare,but smooth things out. So I formed each letter with a square. And the letter N is formed with two triangles, which looks very smooth and slides.

Moodboard




Process

I created my first version of the design and my teacher asked me to separate the J and I to make it easier to see what letters I was using and I used JING.


I then made my first attempt at digitization.




My teacher thinks my letter G is too wide and needs to be shortened. So I made an attempt.




Next, I chose the right color and made a series of attempts.



I then tried to animate my design.


Next we needed to turn the main artwork into a brand and then showcase the appropriate extensions of the brand identity. Design t-shirts, lapel pins, animated GIFs and other collateral and create an Instagram account.





Final Submission

Task 2(A):






gif


Task 2(B):







screen shot


Feedback

Week 5 General Feedback:This week, the teacher checked our typography.
Specific Feedback:My font N is too thin and G is too long

Week 6 General Feedback: The teacher thinks my design needs improvement. Specific Feedback:The teacher thinks I should balance the gap between black and white

Week 7 General Feedback:The teacher said to choose the right collateral Specific Feedback:Avoid duplication of color and the difference between the collateral should be large enough


Reflections

I have noticed a significant improvement in the technical aspects of typeface design and am able to more skillfully utilize type design tools and techniques to create typefaces.

Through studying typography, I have gained a deeper understanding and sense of form, proportion, structure and style, and am better able to evaluate and design high-quality typefaces.

Typography is also a form of artistic expression, and through my studies I have found that I have greater confidence and ability to create unique and personalized typefaces.

During the learning process, I have learned about my strengths and weaknesses through feedback that can help me to further improve and refine my font design skills.

Ultimately, learning typography is not only about accumulating theory, but also about being able to apply what I have learned to real projects in a variety of applications such as branding, graphic design or digital interface design.



Futher Reading


Deciding what size to use can be easier with an understanding of the things that affect readability. The most crucial factor is the x-height of the lowercase letters and their relationship to the uppercase and ascender letters.



The relationship between the uppercase/ascender letters and the x-height depends solely on the design of the font. Fonts with a large x-height, or "tall" lower case char-acters, are easier to read than fonts with small x-height characters. Another critical factor between different fonts is the depth of the descenders and their shape.

The relationship between the uppercase/ascender letters and the x-height depends solely on the design of the font. Fonts with a large x-height, or "tall" lower case char-acters, are easier to read than fonts with small x-height characters. Another critical factor between different fonts is the depth of the descenders and their shape.
Many programs allow the user to create a pseudo-condensed or pseudo-extended font by horizontally squeezing or stretching a font. This distorts the original design of the font. If possible, the user should select the true condensed or extended font or alter the design so it does not require the fake font.




评论

此博客中的热门博文

Typography/ Exercise

Illustration and visual Narrative- Task1: Exercises

ADVANCED TYPOGRAPHY TASK1